People spend about 90,000 hours over a lifetime at work. When searching for a job, people aren’t just looking for the best salary anymore. They want to work for a company with a great culture that includes great perks and benefits. Often times perks can be costly, but here are a few your employees will love that won’t cost you a dime:
1. Option to Work Remotely - Take stress off of your employees and allow them the flexibility to work from home every so often. Whether it be because they have a sick kid at home, are waiting for a package, or don’t want to drive in the snow.
2. Volunteer Opportunities - Set aside time to do team volunteer activities or give your employees a number of hours they can take paid time off to volunteer. Reward your employees for giving back to the community. According to Deloitte’s “2017 Volunteerism Survey,” nearly 9 out of 10 (89%) working Americans believe that companies that sponsor volunteer activities offer a better overall working environment than those that do not.
3. Employee Speaker Series - Figure out what interests your employees have and empower them to host seminars and talks around those topics. These will give leadership opportunities and get employees excited.
4. Start a Mentorship Program - Match employees up with each other to share skills and knowledge. Employees like knowing they have someone there for them who can help them grow. It will bring people together and could stir up great ideas for the company.
5. Inclusive Dress Code - Include employees on the conversation about what is appropriate to wear to a meeting, around the office or when meeting with clients. Different jobs require different attire, so bring representatives doing different jobs to the table.
There are many little things that add up to the big things. Perks don’t have to be expensive to be effective. Make sure your perks align with your values and they will help strengthen your company culture and attrack top talent.
We work closely with businesses to create open, safe and collaborative cultures that attract and retain hard-working people. Learn more about our keynotes, workshops, emerging leader training and team building sessions by emailing Margie Adams at Margie@EmergeApproach.com or go to EmergeApproach.com