Sometimes to succeed at work and in life, we need to take the time to realize and be thankful for what we already have. Always wanting more can blind us to some of life's most precious gifts.
We are always so focused on promotions, raises, big projects, or sales that we forget to thank those that helped us get there. Is there a coworker that always brightens your day? Does your boss help you reach your goals? Did a hiring manager take a chance on you? Who makes your life easier at work?
Take this time to be grateful for all the wonderful things in your life.
Here are 10 of our favorite gratitude quotes to help you do just that:
1. "Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."
2. "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them."
John F. Kennedy
3. "Gratitude turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity...it makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."
4. "At times, our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us."
5."Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."
6."Gratitude and attitude are not challenges; they are choices." Robert Braathe
7. “It’s not happiness that brings us gratitude. It’s gratitude that brings us happiness.”
8.“Learn to be thankful for what you already have, while you pursue all that you want.”
9.“The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement.”
10. “Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.”
Inspire your employees and colleagues to be grateful for what they have and you will see a change for the better in the office. The change starts with you.
We work closely with businesses to create open, safe and collaborative cultures that attract and retain hard-working people. Learn more about our keynotes, workshops, emerging leader training and team building sessions by emailing Margie Adams at Margie@EmergeApproach.com or go to EmergeApproach.com